- Committee Members
- Board Resolutions
- Archive of Meetings Materials
- Committee Websites
- LAUSD Live
Welcome to the Charters and Innovation Committee
The Charters and Innovations Committee has been suspended until further notice.
Welcome to Los Angeles Board of Education Charters and Innovation Committee Homepage.
The last meeting of this committee was in June 2009. This webpage will be updated if the committee is reinstated.
Charters and Innovation is one of the five standing committees of the Board of Education for the 2008-2009 school year. The primary responsibilities of the Charters and Innovation Committee are to assist the Board in the development of charter school policies, review charter school petitions and provide support for innovative initiatives undertaken by the Los Angeles Unified School District. The Charters and Innovation Committee meets monthly and meetings are open to the public.
The Committee also visits innovative school sites on a monthly basis.
Committee Members for the 2008-2009 school year are: Chairperson, Marlene Canter, Board Members, Mónica García, Julie Korenstein, and Tamar Galatzan.
The Committee meets in the Board Room at LAUSD Headquarters - 333 S. Beaudry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
September 4, 2008, at 1pm
- October 2, 2008, at 1pm
- November 20, 2008, at 9am
- December 4, 2008, 1pm
- January 21, 2009, at 9am tour to Open Magnet Charter School
- January 29, 2009, at 1pm
- February 5, 2009, at 1pm
- February 18, 2009, at 10am tour to Miller Career Training Center
- February 26, 2009, at 9am
- March 5, 2009, at 1pm
- March 18, 2009, at 9am tour to Locke Charter High School
- March 26, 2009, at 9am
- April 2, 2009, at 1pm
- April 23, 2009, at 9am tour to Academic Leadership Acadmy and Civitas School of Leadership
- April 30, 2009, at 10am
- May 7, 2009, at 1pm
- May 20, 2009, at 9am tour cancelled
- May 28, 2009, at 9am
- June 4, 2009, at 1pm
- June 17, 2009, at 9am tour cancelled
- June 18, 2009, at 1pm
- June 30, 2009, at 10am